Saturday, November 23, 2013

This Day in Goodlove History, November 23

This Day in Goodlove History, November 23

Like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ThisDayInGoodloveHistory

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeff-Goodlove/323484214349385

Join me on http://www.linkedin.com/

Jeff Goodlove email address: Jefferygoodlove@aol.com


Surnames associated with the name Goodlove have been spelled the following different ways; Cutliff, Cutloaf, Cutlofe, Cutloff, Cutlove, Cutlow, Godlib, Godlof, Godlop, Godlove, Goodfriend, Goodlove, Gotleb, Gotlib, Gotlibowicz, Gotlibs, Gotlieb, Gotlob, Gotlobe, Gotloeb, Gotthilf, Gottlieb, Gottliebova, Gottlob, Gottlober, Gottlow, Gutfrajnd, Gutleben, Gutlove

The Chronology of the Goodlove, Godlove, Gottlob, Gottlober, Gottlieb (Germany, Russia, Czech etc.), and Allied Families of Battaile, (France), Crawford (Scotland), Harrison (England), Jackson (Ireland), LeClere (France), Lefevre (France), McKinnon (Scotland), Plantagenets (England), Smith (England), Stephenson (England?), Vance (Ireland from Normandy), Washington, Winch (England, traditionally Wales), including correspondence with George Rogers Clark, Thomas Jefferson, and ancestors William Henry Harrison, Andrew Jackson and George Washington.
The Goodlove Family History Website:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/g/o/o/Jeffery-Goodlove/index.html

November 23, 1541:


Catherine Howard


HowardCatherine02.jpeg


Portrait miniature by Hans Holbein the Younger. The portrait, believed to be Catherine Howard, has been persuasively identified through the jewels on her dress, which match those in her inventory.


Queen consort of England


Tenure

July 28, 1540 – November 23, 1541



Spouse

Henry VIII of England


House

House of Tudor (by marriage)


Father

Lord Edmund Howard


Mother

Joyce Culpeper


Born

c.1523
Lambeth, London


Died

February 13, 1542(1542-02-13) (aged c.18)
Tower of London


Signature

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Catherine_Howard_Signature.svg/125px-Catherine_Howard_Signature.svg.png


Religion

Catholic


Catherine Howard (c. 1523 (1523) – February 13, 1542 (1542-02-14)) was Queen of England from 1540 until 1541, as the fifth wife of Henry VIII; sometimes known by his reference to her as his "rose without a thorn".[1]

Catherine married Henry VIII on July 28, 1540, at Oatlands Palace, in Surrey, almost immediately after the annulment of his marriage to Anne of Cleves was arranged. However, Catherine Howard was beheaded after less than two years of marriage to Henry on the grounds of treason for committing adultery while married to the King. Catherine was the third of Henry's consorts to have been a member of the English gentry.

Imprisonment and death (1541–1542)

Catherine was stripped of her title as queen on November 23, and imprisoned in Syon Abbey, Middlesex, throughout the winter of 1541. Culpeper and Dereham were executed at Tyburn on December 10, 1541, Culpeper being beheaded and Dereham being hanged, drawn, and quartered. According to custom, their heads were placed on top of London Bridge. Many of Catherine's relatives were also detained in the Tower with the exception of her uncle, the Duke of Norfolk, who had sufficiently distanced himself from the scandal by writing a letter on December 14, to the King, excusing himself and laying all the blame on his niece and stepmother.[12] All of the Howard prisoners were tried, found guilty of concealing treason, and sentenced to life imprisonment and forfeiture of goods. In time, however, they were released with their goods restored.

[1]

Titles
•1523 - July 28, 1540: Lady Catherine Howard
•July 28, 1540 – November 23, 1541: Her Majesty The Queen of England
•November 23, 1541 - February 13, 1542: Lady Catherine Howard[2]

November 23, 1556 - King Philip II confers with Dutch financial experts[3]



1557: Jews are temporarily banished from Prague.[4]

November 23, 1586: To Pope Sixtus V. [5]

From Fotheringay, the 23d November, 1586.



Jesus Maria.



Holy Father, — As so it is that it has pleased God by his divine providence, to make an order in his Church, by which he has willed that, under his son Jesus Christ crucified, all those who should believe in him, and might be baptised in the name of the Holy Trinity, should acknowledge one universal and Catholic Church for a Mother, the commandments of which, under pain of damnation, we ought to keep with the ten of the law, it is necessary that every one aspiring to life

eternal should have there his eye fixed. Now I being born of kings and ancestors all baptised in it, as I myself also, and what is more, from the breast, unworthy as I am, being called to the royal dignity, anointed and consecrated by its authority and ministers, under the wings and in the bosom of which being nurtured and educated, and by it been instructed in the obedience clue by all Christians to him whom she, guided by the Holy Ghost, has elected according to the ancient decrees and order of the primitive Church to the Holy Apostolic See, as our chief on earth, to whom Jesus Christ in his last testament has given power, speaking to St. Peter of its foundation, of the living stone, of binding and loosing from the bonds of Satan poor sinners, absolving us, by him or his ministers thereto commissioned, from all crimes and sins by us committed and perpetrated, we being penitent,

and, in as far as is in us, making satisfaction for them, after being confessed according to the ordinance of the Church ; I call to witness my Saviour Jesus Christ, the blessed Trinity, the glorious Virgin Mary, all the angels and archangels, St. Peter the Shepherd, my particular intercessor and special advocate, St. Paul the apostle of the Gentiles, St. Andrew and all the holy apostles, St. George, and in general all the saints of paradise, that I have always lived in this faith,

which is that of the Universal, Catholic, Apostolic, and Koman Church, in which being regenerated I have always intended to do my duty to the Holy Apostolic See. Of which, to my great regret, I have been unable to give due testimony to your Holiness, in consequence of my detention

in this captivity, together with my long illness ; but now that it has pleased God, most holy Father, to permit for my sins and those of this unfortunate island that I (the only remaining one of the blood of England and Scotland making profession of that faith) should be, after twenty years of captivity, shut up in a close prison, and at last condemned to die by the government and heretical parliament of this country, as it has been signified to me to-day*[6] by the mouth of

Lord Buckhurst, Amias Paulet, my keeper, one Sir Drew Drury, and a secretary named Beale, in name of their queen, commanding me to prepare to receive death, offering me one of their bishops and a dean for my consolation, — a priest whom I had having been by them long ago taken from me and kept I know not where in their hands, — I have considered my first duty to be to turn myself to God, and then with my hand to

signify all to your Holiness, that, although I cannot make you hear it before my death, at least, after it, the cause of it may be manifest to you ; which is, the whole well sifted and considered, for the subversion of their religion in this island alleged by them to be by me designed and in my favour attempted, both by their own subjects obedient to your laws, their declared enemies, and by strangers, in particular the Catholic princes and my relations, who all (as. they charge them) maintain my right to the crown of England, causing me

to be named as such in their prayers in the churches, and the ministers of that of this nation professing subjection and duty to me. I leave to your Holiness to consider the consequence of this opinion, supplicating you to cause prayers to be offered for my poor soul, [and] of all those who have died or shall die for the same and the like opinion ; and also, in honour of God, to distribute of your alms, and instigate the kings to do the same, to those who shall remain alive from this shipwreck. And my intention being, according to the constitutions of

the Church, to confess, to do penance, so far as is in me, and receive my viaticum, if I can obtain my chaplain or other lawful minister to administer to me my said sacraments, as in default of this, with a contrite and penitent heart, I prostrate myself at the feet of your Holiness, confessing myself to God and to his saints, and to your fatherly goodness, a most unworthy sinner, and deserving of eternal damnation, if it pleases not the good God, who died for sinners, to receive me by his infinite mercy to the number of poor sinners

penitent by his mercy. Entreating you to accept this my general submission, as a testimony of my intention to fulfil the rest in the form ordained and commanded by the Church, if it is allowed me, and to give me your general absolution, according as you know and consider it to be requisite for the glory of God, the honour of his Church, and the salvation of my poor soul, between which and the justice of God I

interpose the blood of Jesus Christ, crucified for me and all sinners, one of the most execrable of which 1 confess myself to be, seeing the infinite graces through him received, by me ill- acknowledged and employed, which make me unworthy of pardon, if his promise, made to all those who laden with sins and spiritual sorrows [come to him], to be by him relieved, and his mercy did not embolden me, according to his com-

mandment, to come to him, bearing my burden, to be by him exonerated, after the example of the prodigal child ; and who, moreover, is offering my blood willingly at the foot of his cross for the maintenance and faithful zeal which I bear to his Church, without the restoration of which I never desire to live in this wicked world. Furthermore, holy father, no means being left to me in this world, I entreat your Holiness to impetrate from the most Christian king that my jointure may be charged with the payment of my debts and the wages

of my poor desolate servants, and with an annual obit for my soul, and those of all our brethren deceased in this just quarrel ; having had no other private intention, as my poor servants, present at this my affliction, will testify to you, and how I have willingly offered my life in their heretical assembly to maintain my religion Catholic, Apostolic, and Roman, and bring back the devout of this island, even

themselves ; protesting in this case that I would willingly demit all title and dignity of queen, and do all service and duty to theirs, if she would cease to persecute the Catholics, as I protest that this is the object at which I have aimed since I have been in this country, and have no ambition or desire to reign or to dispossess others for my own sake, being by sickness and long affliction so weakened that I have no more desire to trouble myself in this world than with the service

of his Church, and the gaining of the souls of this island to God ; for evidence of which at my end I would not fail to prefer the public safety to the private interest of flesh and blood, which makes me beseech you, with a mortal regret for the perdition of my poor child, after having by all means endeavoured to retrieve him, being to him a true father, as St. John the Evangelist was to the youth whom he recalled from the company of the robbers, to take at last all the authority over him which I can give you to constrain him, and, if you

please, to call upon the Catholic king to assist you in what relates to temporal matters, and especially together to en- deavour to unite him by marriage ; and, if God for my sins permits him to be obstinate, knowing no Christian prince at this time who exerts himself so mucli for the faith, nor possesses such means of assisting in the reduction of this island as the Catholic king, to whom I am much indebted and

obliged, he being the only one who has assisted me with his money and advice in my necessities, under your good pleasure, I leave him all the right or interest which I can have in the government of this kingdom, should my son remain obstinately out of the Church ; whom, if he can be brought back, I desire to be by him and my kinsman of Guise, as-

sisted, supported, and advised, enjoining him by my last will to consider them, after you, as fathers, and to ally himself by their advice and consent, or with one of their two houses, and, if it should please God, I wish him worthy to be a son of the Catholic king. Such is the secret of my heart, and the end of my worldly wishes; tending, as I mean, to the good of His Church, and the discharge of my conscience,

which I lay at the feet of your Holiness, kissing them very humbly.

You shall have the true recital of the manner of my last struggle and all the proceedings against me and by me, so that, knowing the truth, the calumnies which the enemies of the Church would fasten on me may be by you refuted, and the truth known ; and, for this purpose, I have sent to you his messenger, desiring for the end your holy benediction,

and bidding you the last à Dieu^ whom I pray to long preserve you in his grace, for the good of his Church and of your desolate flock, especially that of this island, which I leave very far strayed without the mercy of God and your paternal care.



From Fotheringay, this 23rd of November, 1586.



Excuse my writing, on account of the weakness of my arm. I hear, to my great regret, evil reports of some persons near your Holiness, who are said to receive wages from this government to betray the cause of God ; and there are cardinals implicated with them. I leave it to your Holiness to institute an inquiry into this, and to have an eye upon a certain Lord St. John,'^ who is very much suspected of being a spy of the High Treasurer, t There are false brethren, and I can answer for it that all those who have been recommended to you by me are quite otherwise.

From your Holiness's very humble and devoted daughter^



marIE,

Queen of Scotland, Dowager of France. [7]



November 23, 1772: At Fredericksburg—attending the Intended meeting of Officers at Captn. Weedens.[8]

GW promised that if objections about the equity of distributions were raised at a meeting of veterans scheduled for Fredericksburg on November 23 or “any Reasonable time after,” he would “give up all his Interest” in the 20,147 acres allotted as his share “and submit to such Regulations” as the council might think proper [9]

November 23, 1778: At a Court held for Yohogania County November the 23rd. 1778.

Present Edward Ward, Isaac Cox, Joshua Wright, & James Rogers, Gentlemen Justices.

Ordered that Col. John Campbell have leave to Build a Mill on Churteers Creek near the mouth of Robertson’s Run. It appearing by the Return of a Jury for that Purpose that It

will effect no Person, and that the said Report he recorded.

Nicholas Dawson Sworn Captain of the Militia.

Deed poll Wm. Price to William Harrison acknowledged by the sd. Price party thereto and Ordered to be recorded.

Deed poll Daniel Casity to Edward Griffith Proved by William Price one of the Subscribing Witness. Ordered to Lie for farther Proof.

Deed Poll William Shannon to James Miller acknowledged by said Shannon and Ordered to be recorded.

Ordered that Samuel Johnston, Ritchard Boyce, James Campbell, Alexander McKendbess, Peter Rowleter, William Christie, John Ormsby, Natheniel Tumbleson, Edmond Polke, Richard Wells, Joseph Noble, James Allison, Laurence Crow, Nicholass

Little & Susbalze Bentby, be fined agreeable to Law for non attendance as Grand-Jury Men.

John Lydea v W’~- Coilings & Zebubon Collins. Spi. Bail. Ordered that the Court be adjourned untill Tomorrow Morn­ing 9 ocbock. EDwD,Ward.[10]



November 23, 1778:

B O Head Quarters Novr 23d 1778

Afatigue to be got Ready by 8 of the Clock to Morrow morning of

One third of the whole Militia to set up Pickets then Each

Company of the Different Batalions of MilitiaAre to bring in Pickets

AGreeable to ADetail which willbe Given Or Delivered A Greable

to the proportion of the Several Companys.

Wm Crawfor d

An Officer from each Company is to Attend and see the Above

Duty Performd And make Areport to me Of the same[11]

November 23, 1779: Winch, Charles, Framingham.Private, Capt. Amasa Cranston's co., Col. Samuel Denny's regt.; enlisted October 28, 1779; discharged November 23, 1779; service, 1 mo. 6 days, at Claverack, including travel (200 miles) home; regiment raised for 3 months;[12]

November 23, 1815: Joseph and his (2d wife) Anne Everard Bolling (Duval) Cabell had issue:

84. xi. Jane Randolph. 85. xii. John Breckinridge. 86. xiii. Elizabeth R. 87. xiv. Robert B. (2d). 88. xv. George Washington. xvi. Joseph H., b. November 23, 1815; d. May 15, 1816. xvii. William Nicholas, b. November 1, 1817; d. September 10, 1820.

xviii. Richard R., b. March 9, 1822; d. October 9, 1843, unmarried. 89. xix. Mary A. H. xx.George C., b. April 16, 1825; d. infant.

And several others who died in early infancy with­out names. "There are said to have been by both wives 39 children in all."


picture

Joseph married Pocahontas Rebecca BOLLING, daughter of Robert BOLLING and Susan WATSON, in 1783 in Bollingbrook House, Petersburg, Virginia, USA. (Pocahontas Rebecca BOLLING was born in 1764 in Chellowe, VA and died in 1803 in Chellowe, VA.)

Joseph next married Anne E. BOLLING.

November 23, 1821: Andrew Jackson attended a public dinner in Nashville honoring Governor William Carroll.[13]

November 23, 1838 – At this time all of the fugitives of Tsali’s band were captured except for Tsali himself. On this day three of the men were executed by a firing squad composed of men from Yonaguska’s Oconaluftee Cherokee, who have citizenship in the State of North Carolina, and from Utsala’s Nantahala Cherokee, who live within the (now) former Cherokee Nation.[14]

November 23, 1857: Percy was the 6th Viscount Strangford.

A. Children of Percy Smythe and Unknown:
+ . i. George Augustus F. P. S. Smythe (b. April 16, 1818 / d. November 23, 1857)[15]



November 23, 1857: George Augustus Frederick Percy Sidney Smythe 12 [Percy Clinton Sidney Smythe11, Lionel Smythe10, Philip Smythe9, Endymion Smythe8, Phillip Smythe7, Thomas Smythe6, John Smythe5, Thomas Smythe4, John Smythe3, Richard2, William1] (b. April 16, 1818 / d. November 23, 1857) married Unknown.

More about George Smythe
George was the 7th Viscount Strangford. His son Percy was the 8th Viscount Strangford and the last. The line died with the son, Percy, as he had no male heir.

A. Children of George Smythe and Unknown:
. i. Percy Ellen Algernon Frederick William Sidney Smythe (b. 1825 / d. 1869)[16]

November 23, 1857: George Smythe, 7th Viscount Strangford


The Right Honourable

The Viscount Strangford

7thViscountStrangford.jpg


Lord Strangford.


Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs


In office
January 27, 1846 – June 29, 1846


Monarch

Victoria


Prime Minister

Sir Robert Peel, Bt


Preceded by

The Viscount Canning


Succeeded by

Edward John Stanley


Personal details


Born

April 16, 1818


Died

November 23, 1857


Nationality

British


George Smythe, 7th Viscount Strangford (April 16, 1818 – November 23,1857), styled The Honourable George Smythe until 1855, was a British Conservative politician, best known for his association with Benjamin Disraeli and the Young England movement. He served briefly as Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs in 1846 under Sir Robert Peel.[17]

November 23, 1939: Albert returned to England with Ernest in October 1839 to visit the Queen, with the object of settling the marriage.[20] Albert and Victoria felt mutual affection and the Queen proposed to him on October 15, 1839.[21] Victoria's intention to marry was declared formally to the Privy Council on November 23,[22] and the couple married on February 10, 1840 at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace.[23] Just before the marriage, Albert was naturalised by Act of Parliament,[24] and granted the style of Royal Highness by an Order in Council.[1][18]

November 23-27, 1863: Dr. William McKinnon Goodlove (1st cousin, 3 times removed) and the 57th Ohio Volunteer Infantry at the Chattanoogo Ringgold Campaign. [19]

November 23-25, 1863: Battle of Chattanooga, TN.[20]



November 23-25, 1863: Dr. William McKinnon Goodlove (1st cousin, 3 times removed) and the 57th Ohio Volunteer Infantry at Tunnel Hill[21]

November 23-25, 1864: Dr. William McKinnon Goodlove (1st cousin, 3 times removed) and the 57th Ohio Volunteer Infantry at the Ball’s Ferry and Georgia Central Railroad Bridge [22]

Wed. November 23[23], 1864:

A cold windy day. Had monthly inspection

3 teams & 3 men taken by Mosbies[24] guerillas[25]



November 23, 1866: Susan Dea Cavender (b. November 23, 1866 in GA / d. April 12, 1950)[26]



Susan Dea Cavander13 [Emily H. Smith12, Gideon Smith11, Gabriel Smith10, John “LR” Smith9, Ambrose J. Smith8, Christopher Smith7, Christopher Smith6, Thomas Smythe5, Thomas Smythe4, John Smythe3, Richard2, William1] (b. November 23, 1866 in GA / d. April 12, 1950) married Lafayette Pickelsimer (b. May 28, 1868 in Fannin Co. GA / d. April 17, 1926), son of Adolphus Pickelsimer and Mary Jane Barnes.

A. Children of Susan Cavender and Lafayette Pickelsimer:
. i. Joe Bervin Pickelsimer (b. December 11, 1889 / d. July 28, 1890)
+ . ii. John Thurmon Pickelsimer (b. May 10, 1891 in GA / d. May 1, 1970 in GA)
. iii. Nora Norman Pickelsimer (b. June 28, 1893)
+ . iv. Mattie Mattison Pickelsimer (b. September 26, 1899 in GA)
. v. Winnie Pauline Pickelsimer (b. July 6, 1903 / d. May 30, 1962) [27]





November 23, 1867: James Marion Patterson (b. November 23, 1867 in GA / d. February 8, 1936) [28]


November 23, 1912-September 20, 1984


Berneita Beulah Kruse Goodlove





Birth:

Nov. 23, 1912
Buchanan County
Iowa, USA


Death:

Sep. 20, 1984
Center Point
Linn County
Iowa, USA


http://www.findagrave.com/icons2/trans.gif

Family links:
Spouse:
Covert Lee Goodlove (1910 - 1997)*

*Calculated relationship


Burial:
Center Point Cemetery
Center Point
Linn County
Iowa, USA



Created by: AK Gray
Record added: Jul 07, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 93247097









Berneita Beulah Kruse Goodlove
Added by: AK Gray



Berneita Beulah Kruse Goodlove
Cemetery Photo
Added by: Hiesela






[29]

November 23, 1923: Hazel Ann Pickelsimer (b. November 23, 1923 in Polk Co. GA).[30]

Hazel Ann Pickelsimer, Jr.15 [John Pickelsimer14, Susan D. Cavender13, Emily H. Smith12, Gideon Smith11, Gabriel Smith10, John “LR” Smith9, Ambrose J. Smith8, Christopher Smith7, Christopher Smith6, Thomas Smythe5, Thomas Smythe4, John Smythe3, Richard2, William1] (b. November 23, 1923 in Polk Co. GA) married Charles Thomas Sewell (b. September 4, 1920 in Cobb Co. GA) on July 11, 1942. [31]



November 23, 1939: Hans Frank, the governor-general of the Generalgouvernent, orders that all Jews in the Generalgouvernement must wear the yellow badge by December 1, 1939.[32]





November 23, 1963

[33]
•Saturday, November 23, 1963
•12:05 AM (app.): LHO appears before the media in the basement.[34]

•12:20 AM: LHO is returned to his cell.[35]

•1:30 AM: LHO is formally arraigned for the murder of JFK. [36]

10:25 AM: Another day of questioning begins.[37]

10:30 a.m. -- A fourth interrogation lasts for two hours and forty minutes. [38]
•11:35 AM: LHO is returned to his cell.[39]
•12:35 PM: LHO is taken to Fritz' office for questioning. [40]
•1:10 PM: Marina and Marguerite visit LHO. [41]

1:10 p.m. -- During the day, Oswald speaks with family and friends. [42]
•1:40 PM: LHO tries unsuccessfully to contact Attorney John Abt. [43]
•2:15 PM: LHO appears in another lineup.
•2:45 PM: Fingernail scrapings and hair samples are obtained from LHO with his
•permission.
•3:30 PM: Robert visits LHO.

4:00-4:30 PM: LHO phones Ruth and asks her to try to obtain John Abt as his attorney.

5:30 p.m. -- Oswald speaks to H. Louis Nichols, President of the Dallas Bar Association, for five minutes. [44]
•5:30 PM: LHO is visited by the president of the Dallas Bar Association, H. Louis Nichols. [45]
•6:00 PM: LHO is taken again for questioning. [46]
•7:15 PM: LHO is returned to his cell. [47]
•8:00 PM: LHO phones Ruth Paine and asks to speak to Marina. Ruth tells him she is no longer there. [48]










[49]



November 23, 1985: Spouse: Dale Robert LOWERY. Charlotte Kay MARUGG and Dale Robert LOWERY were married on November 23 1985 in Carey, Crawford Township, Wyandot County, Ohio, USA.[50]

1986: God Speaks to Peter Popoff Via Short-Wave Radio

One of the most prominent televangelists in the 1980s was Peter Popoff, who, during his services and revivals, would call out names and home addresses of audience members he'd never met. He even knew personal details such as family members' illnesses or their deceased loved ones' names. It seemed that Popoff got his messages from God or angels, and it greatly impressed his audiences and followers.

In 1986, magician James "The Amazing" Randi heard about Popoff's amazing abilities and decided to investigate. Randi noticed an apparently minor detail that most people missed: Popoff was wearing a hearing aid or earpiece. Using a radio scanner, Randi discovered that Popoff was actually getting biographical information about audience members from his wife (who had earlier spoken to the audience) using a short-wave radio. The scandal tarnished Popoff's ministry, but he eventually recovered and remains active today.

Benjamin Radford is deputy editor of Skeptical Inquirer science magazine and author of Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How to Solve Unexplained Mysteries. His Web site is www.BenjaminRadford.com[51].



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[1] Wikipedia


[2] Wikipedia


[3] http://www.historyorb.com/events/date/1556


[4] www.wikipedia.org


[5] \_Autograph. — Secret Archives of the Vatican at Rome.']




[6] * To-day, — that is to say, Saturday, 19th November. (See the

Letter to Don Bernard de Mendoça, '' Recueil des Lettres de

Marie Stuart," torn. vi. p. 457.) It follows from that, that this

letter to the Pope, commenced by lier Majesty on the day in which

her sentence was notified to her, was not finished and dated till four

days thereafter.




[7] http://archive.org/stream/lettersofmarystu00mary/lettersofmarystu00mary_djvu.txt


[8] Besides GW, six officers were present or represented at this meeting. Learning of GW’s recent actions on behalf of the veterans, they warmly thanked him for his efforts and approved his distribution of the surveyed lands as an equitable one. He should, they recommended, be excused from his offer to sacrifice his own bounty lands in case of a redivision (resolves and statement of officers of the Virginia Regiment, November 23, 1772). The Virginia council considered this recommendation on g Dec. and agreed that if no complaints were received by june, GWwould be released from his promise. (Va. Exec.Jls., 6:~i6). George Washington’s Diaries, An Abridgement, Dorothy Twohig, Editor 1999


[9] Va. Exec.Jls., 6:513—14).


[10] MINUTE BOOK OF VIRGINIA COURT HELD FOR YOHOGANIA COUNTY, FIRST AT AUGUSTA TOWN NOW WASHINGTON, PA.), AND AFTER­ WARDS ON THE ANDREW HEATH FARM NEAR WEST ELIZABETH; 1776-1780.’ EDITED BY BOYD CRUMRINE, OF WASHINGTON, PA. pg. 270.


[11] AN ORDERLY BOOK OF MCINTOSH's EXPEDITION, 1778 11Robert McCready's Journal


[12] Ancestry.com. Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors in the War of the Revolution, 17 Vols. [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 1998. Original data: Secretary of the Commonwealth. Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors in the War of the Revolution. Vol. I-XVII. Boston, MA, USA: Wright and Potter Printing Co., 1896.


[13] The Papers of Andrew Jackson, Volume V, 1821-1824


[14] Timetable of Cherokee Removal.


[15] Proposed descendants of William Smythe


[16] Proposed descendants of William Smythe.


[17] Wikipedia


[18] Wikipedia


[19] History of Logan County and Ohio, O.L. Basking & Co., Chicago, 1880. page 692.


[20] State Capital Memorial, Austin, TX, February 11, 2012


[21] History of Logan County and Ohio, O.L. Basking & Co., Chicago, 1880. page 692.


[22] History of Logan County and Ohio, O.L. Basking & Co., Chicago, 1880. page 692.


[23] November 23rd. The dawning of this morning brought us suffering beyond the power of words to express. We are hungry, cold and heart sick. For some reason unknown to us we were allowed to go without any rations-notheing to eat since the day before yesterday. This lack of food and exposure to the intense cold, is increasing the nunmber of sick, which, of course, means a large increase in the death roll. The lime with which the rebel cooks attempt to raise the bread they give us to eat is having its natural effect on the prisoners. The stomachs of some have become so affected that they cannot retain the bread, while others have such sore mouths that they cannot eat the bread w except by breaking it into very small pieces, soaking and boiling it, and then eating it with a spoon. The teeth of many have become loose, and in some instances, have fallen out. Such are the dreadful results arising from the very food these monsters are giveng us to subsist on.

The mustering officer made his appearance again to-day and has been using all his powers of persuasion and flattery, backed up by great promises, to induce the prisoners to enlist in his miserable rebel army. His offers to-day were, one hundered dollars Confederate money, three bushels of sweet potatoes, full rations and twenty dollars per month. This is a strong temptation to men who are starving to death, especially when they know there is no hope whatever of a change in their condition, unless death make it. To suffer day after day, hopeless, starving, perishing, while, by a single act the whole aspect of life might be changed to comparative comfort and plenty is a severe test of patriotism and loyalty. But that act would mean treason to the Flag we swore to defend. And it is wonder ful to see with what determination and scorn these slowly-murdered men reject the alternative. Death anytime and in any way! Treason and disloyalty, never!

The day has nearly closed and nothing has been given us to eat. Excitement is a fever heat. The prisoners are gathering in groups all over the stockade and are becoming desperate. The question is discussed, "Must we yield to this barbarous treatment without making an effort of some...(Dark Days of the Rebellion by Benjamin F. Booth and Steve Meyer, page 130.)




[24] John Singleton Mosby was born in Edgemont, Virginia, on 6th December, 1833. Brought up near Charlottesville he entered the University of Virginia in 1849. At university he was charged with shooting another student and was sentenced to a term of imprisonment. While in prison he studied he studied law and after his release he became a lawyer in Bristol. On the outbreak of the American Civil War Mosby joined the Confederate Army. At first he served as a private in the 1st Virginia Cavalry and fought at Bull Run, Promoted to the rank of lieutenant in February, 1862, Mosby began scouting for James Jeb Stuart and was responsible for the ride around George McClellan in June. In January, 1863 Mosby and a team of nine men began attacking isolated Union Army posts in Virginia and Maryland. As captured goods were divided up between the men Union official regarded Mosby’s men as criminals rather than soldiers.

http://sparacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USACWmosby.htm


[25] William Harrison Goodlove Civil War Annotated by Jeffery Goodlove


[26] Proposed Descendants of William Smythe.


[27] Proposed Descendants of William Smythe.


[28] Proposed Descendants of William Smythe.


[29]http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Goodlove&GSbyrel=in&GSdyrel=in&GSob=n&GRid=93247097&


[30] Proposed Descendants of William Smythe


[31] Proposed Descendants of William Smythe


[32] Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, Israel Gutman, Editor, page 1762.


[33] LBJ Presidential Library, Austin TX. February 11, 2012


[34] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[35] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[36] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[37] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[38] http://dallas.about.com/od/history/f/JFKTimeline.htm


[39] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[40] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[41] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[42] http://dallas.about.com/od/history/f/JFKTimeline.htm


[43] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm


[44] http://dallas.about.com/od/history/f/JFKTimeline.htm


[45] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm




[46] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm




[47] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm




[48] http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm




[49] State Capitol, Austin, TX., February 11, 2012


[50] http://www.gase.nl/InternettreeUSA/b578.htm


[51] http://news.yahoo.com/history-religious-hoaxes-132526660.html

No comments:

Post a Comment